SCALP (SMP) CARE
A complimentary in-person or virtual e-consult must be scheduled prior to booking SMP services.
We reserve the right to deny service to anyone at our discretion. If you have (or had) any of the following contraindicative conditions below, please contact us ([email protected]) before scheduling to ensure you are a candidate. Diagnosed conditions that are waived may be required to bring a doctor’s note stating their approval.
- Upcoming vacations
- Pregnant or nursing
- Viral infections and/or diseases
- Pacemaker or heart conditions
- Had an Organ transplant
- Tendency towards keloids or scarring
- Seborrheic dermatitis
- Skin irritations or psoriasis near the treated area (rashes, sunburn, acne, etc.)
- Sick (cold, flu, etc.)
- Used Accutane in the past year
- Taken Doxycycline in the past 6 months
- Allergies to anesthetic (lidocaine) or epinephrine
- Extremely problematic skin
- Within 6 months of chemotherapy
- Auto-immune diseases
In order for your new SMP heal properly (and look its best) these Pre & Post Care Instructions found below are of the UTMOST IMPORTANCE!
Attention Please: We strongly advise prospective new clients to book their appointments at least 3-4 months in advance of Vacations, Weddings, and Special Occasions.
- Before commencement of your first Scalp Micropigmentation treatment, We highly recommend eating a meal prior to the session and arrive hyrdated. Also clients are encouraged to bring a snack and a beverage.
- If you have a dry or flaky scalp, please exfoliate and moisturize your scalp 1 week prior to your appointment. We suggest apple cider vinegar scalp scrub to exfoliate and a deep moisturizing conditioner. This will ensure your SMP treatment's impressions on your scalp
- Please arrive 10-15 minutes prior to scheduled appointment. We look forward to helping you achieve your desired look and feel for your particular look. Welcome to your Scalp Micropigmentation Journey!
- During the 4 days refrain from any activities that can cause profuse sweating, as this can cause excessive fading. Do not wash or cut the treated areas of the scalp for the first four days after each treatment. You may take a shower but try not to get water on the treated area during the first 4 days.
- Also make sure that the shower is not hot enough to cause sweating. Refrain from saunas, swimming pools and any excessive sunlight for 30 days after your last treatment.
- After 30 days you may start to use sunblock and follow long term aftercare procedures.
- Refrain from submerging underwater during bathing or swimming for a full 30 days to avoid infection.
SMP LONG TERM CARE
- Long term aftercare Rule #1: Use SPF to protect from premature fading! If you are out in the sun for extended periods of time, a hat to protect your scalp is recommended in addition to reapplying sunscreen to your scalp throughout the day. Unprotected exposure to the sun can and WILL cause unnecessary and early fading issues.
- Be vigilant and protect your treatment. It is also recommended to moisturize your scalp with something like an Aveeno Body Lotion periodically so the skin stays hydrated and ink appears more vivid.
*** We have a ZERO TOLERANCE POLICY for those who fail to follow our Pre and Post Care Instructions. Failing to follow the above instructions will result in your DOLLISTIC artist denying your service and possibly future services. There are no implied or written guarantees, especially if you do not follow instructions!