We reserve the right to deny service to anyone at our discretion. If you have (or had) any of the following contraindicative conditions below, please contact us ([email protected]) before scheduling your eyeliner to ensure you are a candidate. Diagnosed conditions that are waived may be required to bring a doctor’s note stating their approval.
- If you have had any type of eye surgery, including cataract, Lasik, and/or blepharoplasty, you must consult your physician and get clearance. Most physicians require 3-9 months before you can have your eyeliner done. This is because there is slight pressure and stretching on and around the eye during the procedure.
- Vascular Eyelids
- Previously tattooed eyeliner
- Upcoming vacation
- Pregnant or nursing
- Viral infections and/or diseases
- Pacemaker or heart conditions
- Had an Organ transplant
- Tendency towards keloids or scarring
- Seborrheic dermatitis
- Skin irritations or psoriasis near the treated area (rashes, sunburn, acne, etc.)
- Sick (cold, flu, etc.)
- Had Botox in the past 2 months
- Used Accutane in the past year
- Taken Doxycycline in the past 6 months
- Allergies to anesthetic (lidocaine) or epinephrine
- Extremely oily or problematic skin
- Cancer or chemotherapy
- Auto-immune diseases
In order for your eyeliner to heal properly (and look their best) these Pre & Post Care Instructions found below are of the UTMOST IMPORTANCE! Pre-Care instructions are designed to limit bleeding and skin sensitivities during the service. Excessing bleeding during the procedure will dilute the pigment color and lead to poor results!
Attention Please: We strongly advise prospective new clients to book their appointments at least 3-4 months in advance of Vacations, Weddings, and Special Occasions. This allows adequate time for healing and time to receive touch ups ( at an additional cost if desired). Some New Clients may require multiple sessions ( at an additional cost) to achieve their desired density and shape.
- Arrive WITHOUT any eye makeup or eyelashes on
- Remove eyelash extensions one week prior to eyeliner procedure
- Discontinue Latisse and any other lash growth serum for a minimum of 4 weeks prior
- No lash tinting, lifting, perming or curling for a minimum of one week prior
- If you wear contacts, please do not wear them to your appointment and refrain from wearing them for a minimum of 24 hours after the procedure is finished.
- Do not work out 48 hours before the procedure.
- NO alcohol or caffeine 48 hours before the procedure (Yes, there is caffeine in decaf coffee and tea!).
- Avoid sun and tanning on your face two weeks prior to the procedure.
- Do not take Aspirin, Niacin, Vitamin E or Advil/Ibuprofen 48 hours before the procedure.
- Avoid Fish Oil, Prenatal Vitamins, Nutritional Shakes (Shakeology, etc), "Hair, Skin, Nail" supplements two weeks prior to procedure.
- Discontinue Retin-A, Chemical and Laser Peels, Microdermabrasions, Alpha Hydroxy Acid (AHA), and any chemical exfoliant or "brightening" skincare at least 6 weeks prior (Once your eyeliner has fully healed, you must cover your tattoo area with VASELINE prior to the use of these products to prevent premature fading).
- It is recommended to begin taking Arnica and/or bromelain one week prior to procedure.
Please Note: You will be more sensitive during your menstrual cycle.
POST-CARE FOR EYES
**We recommend having someone drive you home after the procedure!**
- Do not wear contact lenses during the procedure or for 24 hrs after.
- Have sunglasses available. Eyes may be light sensitive or even dilated immediately after. -
- The sunglasses are also handy for hiding puffy eyes.
- Take Tylenol as necessary for discomfort.
- Eyes may feel dry or irritated. Lubricating refresher drops may be used.
- Apply ointment with clean fingers twice daily for 10 days after cleaning. No scrubbing or rubbing.
- Do not pick or pull off the sloughing pigment, let it fall off naturally! Itching is normal.
- You may apply a clean ice pack (which must be protected with a wet barrier film of paper toweling, towel or cloth) for 10-minute intervals for the first 48 hours. Ice may be applied every hour or so, if desired. Do not put ice directly on the area.
- Refrain from wearing makeup on or around the eyes for a minimum of 7 days.
- Do not use an eyelash curler for 2 weeks. Clean eyelash curler with alcohol prior to using.
- Refrain from eyelash extensions for a minimum of 2 weeks post your eyeliner procedure.
- Avoid Retin-A, Glycolic Acids, and Alpha Hydroxy Acid (AHA) near eyes to prevent premature fading.
- Avoid direct sun exposure and tanning beds for a minimum of 4 weeks after your procedure. Direct sunlight can cause the pigment to change color while it is healing and can also cause hyperpigmentation and scarring.
- NO underwater swimming and bathing for 4 weeks to avoid bacterial infection.
- Avoid pools, saunas, steam rooms, steamy showers, and hot baths for 10 days.
- Avoid sweating on your face for 10 days. Sweating through or on the brows will expel pigment from the dermis producing poor "patchy results."
Expect moderate swelling, usually one to three days following the eyeliner procedure. While healing, the eyeliner tattoo will look spotty. This is due to healing skin regeneration. Healed eyeliner will fade up to 50%. Multiple sessions may be required to achieve the desired results.
The above Pre and Post-Care for eyeliner will affect how quickly or slowly you heal. Mature age, poor diet, stress, smoking, excessive alcohol consumption, age, general health, sleep/fatigue. The more fatigued you are, the lower your immune system is, and infection is more likely to occur. Please get plenty of rest and drink lots of water to hydrate prior to the procedure.
Protect your investment after you’ve healed!
- Exposure to the sun and tanning beds will cause premature fading and discoloration of the pigment.
- Apply a physical sunscreen daily on the brow area once completely healed (10 days). We love Skinceuticals Physical Fusion.
- For further sun protection wear hats, sunglasses, and stay in the shade!
- Lasers will alter the color of the pigment. 20% zinc oxide must cover your brow tattoo prior to any laser services.
- Yearly touch ups are recommended to maintain your results.
- Certain skincare products and services will cause premature fading of your brow tattoo and may also alter the pigment color. Please apply a barrier layer of Vaseline over your eyeliner tattoo before use of any of the following: glycolic acid, salicylic acid, alpha hydroxy acid, hydroquinone, retinol/retin-a, vitamin c, peels, microdermabrasion, Obagi,or anything anything that brightens or treats hyperpigmentation.
- Frequent chlorine swimmers, please apply a barrier layer of Vaseline over your tattoo prior to swimming, to prevent premature fading.
We have a ZERO TOLERANCE POLICY for those who fail to follow our Pre and Post Care Instructions. Failing to follow the above instructions will result in your DOLLISTIC artist denying your service and possibly future services. There are no implied or written guarantees, especially if you do not follow instructions!