We reserve the right to deny service to anyone at our discretion. If you have (or had) any of the following contraindicative conditions below, please contact us ([email protected]) before scheduling to ensure you are a candidate. Diagnosed conditions that are waived may be required to bring a doctor’s note stating their approval.
- Upcoming vacations
- Pregnant or nursing
- Viral infections and/or diseases
- Pacemaker or heart conditions
- Had an Organ transplant
- Tendency towards keloids or scarring
- Seborrheic dermatitis
- Skin irritations or psoriasis near the treated area (rashes, sunburn, acne, etc.)
- Sick (cold, flu, etc.)
- Had Botox in the past 2 months
- Used Accutane in the past year
- Taken Doxycycline in the past 6 months
- Allergies to anesthetic (lidocaine) or epinephrine
- Extremely oily or problematic skin
- Cancer or chemotherapy
- Auto-immune diseases
In order for your new brows to heal properly (and look their best) these Pre & Post Care Instructions found below are of the UTMOST IMPORTANCE! Pre-Care instructions are designed to limit bleeding and skin sensitivities during the service. Excessing bleeding during the procedure will dilute the pigment color and lead to poor results!
Attention Please: We strongly advise prospective new clients to book their appointments at least 3-4 months in advance of Vacations, Weddings, and Special Occasions. This allows adequate time for healing and time to receive touch ups ( at an additional cost if desired). Some New Clients may require multiple sessions ( at an additional cost) to achieve their desired density and shape.
- Do not work out 48 hours before procedure.
- NO alcohol or caffeine 48 hours before procedure (Yes, there is caffeine in decaf coffee and tea!).
- Avoid sun and tanning on your face two weeks prior to procedure.
- Do not take Aspirin, Niacin, Vitamin E or Advil/Ibuprofen 48 hours before procedure.
- Avoid Fish Oil, Prenatal Vitamins, Nutritional Shakes (Shakeology, etc), "Hair, Skin, Nail" supplements two weeks prior to procedure.
- Discontinue Retin-A, Chemical and Laser Peels, Microdermabrasions, Alpha Hydroxy Acid (AHA), and any chemical exfoliant or "brightening" skincare at least 6 weeks prior (Once your brows have fully healed, you must cover your brow tattoo with VASELINE prior to the use of these products on forehead area to prevent premature fading).
- Botox and filler on the forehead, temple, and eye area should be avoided 2 months prior to procedure for those who do not regularly receive injectables.
- No brow waxing, tinting, or threading one week prior (the more natural hair growth you have, the better!
Please Note: You will be more sensitive during your menstrual cycle.
* 24 HOURS AFTER PROCEDURE: Blot brows with tissue to absorb lymphatic fluid that is excreting from tattoo.
1. With clean hands, gently wash eyebrow area using a fragrance-free gel cleanser (such as Cetaphil or Ceravie) and water.
2. Allow eyebrows to completely dry before applying ointment (pat dry with paper towel or air dry).
3. Once brows have fully dried, apply a thin layer of Aquaphor with clean fingertips (rice size amount on each brow).
- Repeat above steps 2x per day for 10 days after service.
- DO NOT rub, pick or scratch the treated area. Let any scabbing or dry skin naturally exfoliate off. Picking will cause scarring and pigment loss!
- Avoid direct sun exposure and tanning beds for a minimum of 4 weeks after your procedure. Direct sunlight can cause the pigment to change color while it is healing and can also cause hyper pigmentation and scarring.
- NO underwater swimming and bathing for 4 weeks to avoid bacterial infection.
- Avoid pool, sauna, steam rooms, steamy showers, and hot baths for 10 days.
- Avoid sweating on your face for 10 days. Sweating through or on the brows will expel pigment from the dermis producing poor "patchy results.
- Avoid sleeping on your brow area for the first 10 days.
- Keep your bangs and hair pulled back from your face for the first 10 days.
- NO makeup or skincare products to be used on the brow area for 10 days.
Protect your investment after you’ve healed!
- Exposure to the sun and tanning beds will cause premature fading and discoloration of the pigment.
- Apply a physical sunscreen daily on brow area once completely healed (10 days). We love Skinceuticals Physical Fusion.
- For further sun protection wear hats, sunglasses, and stay in the shade!
- Maintain removal of unwanted brow hair outside of your tattooed brow design by tweezing, threading, waxing, or razoring.
- Lasers will alter the color of the pigment. 20% zinc oxide must covering your brow tattoo prior to any laser services.
- Yearly touchups are recommended to maintain your results.
- Certain skincare products and services will cause premature fading of your brow tattoo and may also alter the pigment color. Please apply a barrier layer of Vaseline over your brow tattoo before use of any of the following: glycolic acid, salicylic acid, alpha hydroxy acid, hydroquinone, retinol/retin-a, vitamin c, peels, microdermabrasion, Obagi,or anything anything that brightens or treats hyperpigmentation.
- Frequent chlorine swimmers, please apply a barrier layer of Vaseline over your tattoo prior to swimming, to prevent premature fading.
The above Pre and Post-Care for brows will affect how quickly or slowly you heal. Mature age, poor diet, stress, smoking, excessive alcohol consumption, age, general health, sleep/fatigue. The more fatigued you are the lower your immune system is and infection is more likely to occur. Please get plenty of rest and drink lots of water to hydrate prior to your procedure!
*** We have a ZERO TOLERANCE POLICY for those who fail to follow our Pre and Post Care Instructions. Failing to follow the above instructions will result in your DOLLISTIC artist denying your service and possibly future services. There are no implied or written guarantees, especially if you do not follow instructions!***